Taiwanese Funny Stories, compiled by Masanaga Kawai, Taiwan Daily Anew Newspaper Publishing, 1915.
- On the 5th day of the next month
- Well feigning to be crying sad
- Beating to half death
- We have but a leg which is a little longer
- I fear that I would eat much more
- Eating in the back
- My wife was born in the Ox year
- A dumb man who spoke
- My wife is thinking about the monk
- The public shoes
- A calf thief
- A big house for sale
- An empty belly
- Subduing a fever
- A cheaper life
- Dishes for the meal
- A secret
- A deaf man and a dumb man's secret hiding
- For this kind of mistake, the more the better
- Ways for making money
- Another bigger bathtub
- But I don't know where I am gone
- A short-sighted man who ate the chicken shit
- The price of a rice cake
- A very difficult invitation letter
- Strike on the nail
- So you have counted it wrong
- Taking revenge for the son
- A very lazy woman
- No place to sit
- Jealousy due to a dream
- A short-sighted man
- I have burned it/him away
- A patient man and an impatient one
- What on earth should I do to be fine with you?
- A wish to the Judge of the Hell
- Anyway we are moving though. That's it.
- Foolish women
- An illiterate's accounting
- A smart wife and a foolish one
- Foolishness beyond description
- Why don't you respect me?
- Due to all your help
- The blind men holding the lantern
- Must win
- A big fool
- To deceive others and only to get oneself in loss
- The un-bought paddy field and the un-inaugurated official
- It must be a lunatic
- A greedy teacher
- The Taiwanese romanization text is added by Shoji Itoh (firstname.lastname@example.org>email@example.com>firstname.lastname@example.org) and the English text by Seke Wei (email@example.com).
- You can download the above 50 stories for reading on your local computer. Please click HTML format or Plain Text for downloading.
Last updated on by firstname.lastname@example.org.
Suggestion or new info are welcome.